Tuesday 13 December 2011

Teddy Bo Tuesday - Birthstone Colours


Oh my goodness.....I can't believe I'm actually typing this.......today starts our new challenge...but it's the last one of 2011!!!!  WHERE DID THE YEAR GO!?!?!?!?

This time last year I was frantically drawing bears and the original DT were getting to grips with Teddy Bo & Teddy Bea ready for the online store to open on Tuesday 11th January 2011...and here we are just a few weeks away from our first birthday and it feels like it was only 2 weeks ago!!!! 

I want to thank my original DT for all the hard work they did (and a lot of them continue to do).......we've lost a few along the way but Tammy, Colette, Claire and Debbie have stuck with me.  Thank you girls...x  Colette does a tonne of work in the background to help out with the blogs and for that I would like to give an extra special thank you as otherwise I wouldn't always know what I was meant to be doing!!!! ;O)

We then had Edna and Kathy join us within a few months of us starting and they are a joy to have on the DT.  Always there with a kind word and Edna's a good sport on a Friday when Colette writes all those tales about her!!!!   Another few came and went and once again thank you ladies for the time and talent that you shared with us.  Then we decided to split into two teams so needed some more girls on board.....so Helle, Jill, Nela, Nicole, Maritha, Liz, Rennee, Tammy-Louise and Hazel joined us and what a happy bunch we all are together.  I've been told more than once what a wonderful DT we have and do you know what....I completely agree!!

Thank you ladies for ALL of your hard work and patience and understanding of my complete lack of organisation!!!!!!   It really has been a blast and here's to another year together hopefully....xxxx


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SO.......with the start of a new challenge we have to sign off and announce the winners from our last challenge.......! 

So, without further ado I'm delighted to announce that the winner of our White Christmas challenge is:

Chrissy


and our runners up are:



and



Congratulations ladies........please contact me via the website as my memory being as bad as it is there is a VERY big chance I will forget!!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Now.......our next challenge will last all the way through until January 8th which will give you PLENTY of time to get your entries in.  And what's the theme?!!?!?!


YOUR BIRTHSTONE!!!

We would love for you to create a card or project, inspired by your birthstone - don't forget to announce your stone on your blog post.

This will be our last challenge of 2011 and will run until Sunday 8th January 2012

Once again the prize will be


with a free graphic for the runners up....SO...what are you waiting for?!!?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And what's new this week?!?!?
and of course...we want to see what the DT girlies have come up with....x
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Clairebears - Peridot

My birthstone is Peridot, and after seeing everyone's beautiful frames I have decided to have a go myself. I have used the oh so cute TeddyBea_42 which is pre-coloured. I have layered lots of green papers and ribbon along with a white doily and lace. The flowers are on top of the glass and so is the beautiful butterfly that I have also added pearls too. I love it :0)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jill - Peridot
Like Claire my birthday is in august so my stone is also peridot.
Hope you can see that!
Image: TeddyBo_162
Coloured with Copics
Papers: Lost and Found, Christmas 6x6
Sentiment from Tickled Pink Stamps
Flowers from Kort og Godt, WOC and Creative Treasures,-my 3 favorites
Golden bells, pearls and hamp.

Image TeddyBea_176
Coloured with Copics
Papers Lost and found Christmas pad again
Stamp image from Whimsy Stamps with matching die to cut....love it!
Flowers from WOC and Kort og Godt
Golden bells and pearls.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Colette - Emerald

My birthstone is Emerald so here is my very green card.

Image - TEDDYBOBEA-092 coloured in Photoshop
All Papers (inc. Kraft) - Merry and Bright digi papers by Crystal at Jessica Sprague. 
Ribbons and pompom from stash.




PS - don't forget to check out my blog in case you're
a winner in the Teddy Bo Tombola, and also to get
your entry in one more time, as this is the last week.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hazel-Amethyst
Two cards for twins. Alfie's card is in their birthstone colour of blue zircon - December and Evie's card is in my birthstone colour of Amethyst. I have used the same sketch, just making the element's opposite.


TEDDYBO_162 and TEDDYBEA_176 coloured with both copic's and prisma's.
The patterned paper's were made using background stamps and tumbled glass and dusty concord distress ink's. The little bit of snowflake ribbon you can see came from the January sales at Tesco's.
The snowflakes were from a shop in the Trafford centre a few years ago called the pier. They are felt with clear gems.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Nela -Ruby
I used:
Teddy Bea 175
Copic
Stickles stardust
The template for the Christmas Ball on Tuesday on my blog.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Renee G - Rose
My Birthstone, is the Rose for October. So that is why its all pink! I also added some diamond stickles because October is also Opal as its precious stone. prima flowers with some liquid pearl centers. I found this frame at the thrift store, i painted it up white to help the pink pop! I added the sentiment take time to pray.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Nicole - Garnet


I´ve played with the sweet image TeddyBea_175
the sentiment says *Merry Christmas*
colouring with Prismas
cardstock from SU
backing paper from Maja Design
swirl cutting die Magnolia
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Helle - Peridot
My birthstone is PERIDOT,which is an olive green color.
For my card I chose the lovely Teddy Bea_175, that I coloured with Prismacolor pencils.
The backing paper is from Maya Design and Vibeke Spigseth,
the loops are from the Hjerteboden and Kuttut
The rest is from my leftovers...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Liz - Blue Zircon
My birthstone is Blue Zircon
TeddyBo 161
Prisma Pencils
Snowflake Punch
Stamped Sentiment
Gems
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tammy Louise - Aquamarine

Paper Mache covered candle or soap box

My Birthstone is Aquamarine (March)
Teddy Bea 126
Copic and Ranger Distress
Martha Stewart Optic Dot punch
flowers,ribbon,DP and shells from stash
Robyns Nest dew drops
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
AJ (Guest Designer)
TEDDYBOBEA_092
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You have until Sunday 8th January 2012 Midnight GMT to get your entries in, we look forward to seeing what you come up with.

On Tuesday 10th January we will be announcing our winner of this challenge and we'll also be drawing the winner of our BIRTHDAY CANDY....(post to follow)....we'll have a wee badge for your blog to announce that you've entered so it really couldn't be easier.

Hope you've enjoyed all the cards..x

Catch you soon ...Gayle and the Gang..x




1 comment:

Kirsty said...

Hi Just wanted to Thankyou I have had a wonderful time creating with your wonderful images ! I really do love all that you and the team do ! It just makes my hobby super ! Just wanted to wish you and your family a Super Christmas & I have no doubt 2012 will be even more successful for you ! Lots of Crafty Festive Hugs Kitty ;0) x p.s the new girl images for 2012 are just great I think they will be so popular !! I envy your talent !