Tuesday 29 November 2011

Teddy Bo Tuesday - A White Christmas


Good morning to you all from a VERY wet and windy Scotland!!!  We've had torrential rain and wind here since Friday.....the vegetable patch is getting flooded so the vegetable schnapps is under threat!!!  OH BOY.....things might turn ugly here soon!!!

It gives me great pleasure to tell you that our overall winner this week was:

 


and our two runners up are

Kitty (Kirsty-Anne)





Ladies, congratulations on winning and please contact Gayle via the main website to arrange your prizes...x

We also would like to introduce one of our youngest entrants...THEO is 7 years old and oh my goodness can he make great cards.......!!!  Theo, if you can ask your mummy to contact me at the normal email address then I'll make sure that you get a wee prize too...xxxx

NOW.......what's our NEW Challenge....well.....let's just say it seemed a good idea at the time!!!!Lol

We're still on the theme of Christmas for those of us that haven't finished their cards yet...but this time it's a wee bit different.

"A WHITE CHRISTMAS"

so....what does that make you think of?!?!  Snow, Icicles, Christmas Cake?!

Once again our TOP prize is the


 You have until Sunday 11th of December at Midnight UK time to enter....so get your thinking caps on...x 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SO....what's new this week?!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now let's take at this week's fabulous creations from the DT and 2 of our GUEST DESIGNERS for the month.



Did you light your Advent Candle on Sunday!?!  Are you all ready for Thursday with your Advent Calendars?!?!  Are you organised?!?!  I hope that if you're making all your cards and gifts this year that people appreciate the time that you've taken.  It's so wonderful to receive an item that has been lovingly made but sadly sometimes not everyone feels the same way about it.


SO......onto our Challenge winners.  It never ceases to amaze me how many wonderful creations are submitted to our challenges....the talent in Blogland is quite amazing.  I hope that you enjoy our little challenges and that you are inspired when you see what beautiful things other people make too.

For my card I have used Pergamano paper and traced TeddyBea_172 with white pen, I have then used my embossing tool to emboss sections. I then punched out lots of snowflakes in different white papers and added just a few silver ones too. Inside the card I have added a foam snowflake with the following poem on it - Snow is falling to the ground, A crystal chill is all around, Frosty clouds are in the air with snowflakes drifting everywhere.
I love the simplicity of the card but found it a real challenge to use only white!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Following the lovely Jill's tut, I made a book card for this challenge.


FairyD Santa
Prisma pencils - French Grey
Martha Stewart edge punch
Festive greenery strip die (Tim Holtz)
Asst. Sizzix and Marianne design dies
Spellbinder Holiday tags die
Inkwell stamp
Vintage Shabby papers (Tim Holtz)
SeeD sentiment
Pumice stone distress ink
Like Claire I found it hard to keep to a total white theme but I tried to keep all the embellies white. Hope that counts!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AJ (Guest Designer)



"Hi everyone I'm Aj. I live on the most remote inhabited place in the UK.. The tiny island of Fair Isle up in the Shetland islands, with the other half, our 2 youngest girls, some cows, lots of sheep, 2 shetland ponies, an Icelandic horse, 3 cats, 2 dogs and a puckle hens.

I have the envious position of crafts being my work so spend my days immersed in making various inky and sticky messes while cosied up in my studio surrounded by lots of papers, ribbons and all other crafty ingrediants.

I love playing with Teddy Bo & Bea, for me these loveable bears are my downtime, I pull out the pencils and blending sticks and gone are the stresses of life, forgotton are the Force 11 gales currently battling with the remainder of my vegetable patch, its just me.. the bears.. some good fiddle music... hot chocolate (its not me its Bea !! she has to have marshmellows in it too.. piggy bear..)"


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've used white TEDDYBEA_003 and layered her onto embossed core'dinations and silver mirri card. I liked it so much I changed the embossing folders and made several more using the different coloured images and card to layer them onto


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Image - TEDDYBO_157 Coloured in Photoshop
Hat borrowed from TEDDYBO_158 and made to fit with a bit of photoshop jiggery- pokery
Blue card base - Nitwits Frost'n'flakes
Ribbon - MeiFlower
Card shape - GoKreate die
LaRue Flourish - Memory Box die
Embossing folder - Papermania - Snowflakes
Lots of Glamour Dust

PS- don't forget to check out my blog in case you're a winner in the Teddy Bo Tombola, and also to get your entry in for this week.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Kelly (Guest Designer)


My card is coloured using Copics.  I decided to go for the white theme, using the bear as the colour.  The white background card is Kanban embossed snowflake card.  The snowflake is a wooden embellishment glittered and dotted with white pearl paint.  The ribbon is from Crafty Ribbons.  The sentiment is computer generated.

"My name is Kelly, i am 29 and a married mum to 3. I started cardmaking about 18 months ago, some say it is a hobby, i say it is a passion! I love to colour and use Promarkers, Spectrum Noirs, Copics and pencils. I can sit for hours colouring!! My favourite style of card is cute and girly although i do like to try different techniques. If you would like to follow me please do so here at http://kelsmakes.blogspot.com/ I look forward to visiting some wonderful new blogs."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Maritha



TeddyBo_158
TeddyBea_172
Embossed the white papers and the "things" on the side =)
Ms-punches on the sides






It´s a little christmas poem in the books!






Hugs Maritha

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jill


Painted a tag white
used the new released image FAIRYD_TB_PICKLES_002 (Will be in the store very soon)
Coloured with Copics, added glossy and snow marker
I have glued a old bookpage with Glue'n'seal on the bottom of the tag
Used a white paper doilie and some big snowflakes, a feather
and the numbers 24 painted white
All the embellishments comes from my stash, a little from here and a little from there :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nicole



I´ve played with the cute image TeddyBo_158
colouring with Prismas
picture frame from the big furniture store with the Elk
for the passepartout I've used a swirl stamp by Vilda Stamps
Memento Ink pad * Desert Sand *



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wonderful aren't they!?!??!  :O)


You have until Sunday 11th December Midnight GMT to get your entries in, we look forward to seeing what you come up with.

Hope you've enjoyed all the cards..x

Catch you soon ...Gayle and the Gang..x



No comments: